Monday 11 April 2016

Chapter 44 - What The Lady Wants

"Mum was right...where does it come from!?"
Alex wants to complete her Gardening Aspiration. And she told me that she needs to grow a 'Cow Plant', yep.  Apparently we had one before but no one fed it.  Anyway, you need to get a seed and the best way, so Alex says is to fish for one.  She knows where and she's tried but she really hates icky stuff and after one meeting with a worm she is too grossed out to fish again.

So I say I will go and get one for her.

I don't mind icky things.

"Are you a Cow Plant?"

Alex told me that the best place to fish for a cow plant seed was the pool at the back of the park in Oasis Springs.  It is quite a drive over there, especially as I don't have a car.  I got one of those magic taxis.

I had to do my fishing after work, so I was pretty tired.  Fishing is really hard work and not something that I like to do when I am stressed, or sad, or needing to pee.  I don't know why I don't like fishing when I am stressed, it seems like such a relaxing thing to do but I just can't do it.  I walk to the place and stand there and then, nope..no fishing.

It took me two trips to the pool to get the cow plant seed.  I got so many other things.  It is a surprisingly diverse little pool. I laid them all out on the decking at home so I could take this photo.  The fish didn't seem very happy about it but I bought them a nice tank and put them in there afterwards.  That seemed to cheer them up.  At least I think it did, they didn't look happier but they didn't die, so that's gotta be good.

"They don't look very happy"
I even pulled a violin out of the water! Who throws away a violin? And if they did, why would they through it in the lake?  Seems odd to me, but then I don't know much about music.  Mum did, but I don't remember her throwing her piano in the lake.  It is a lot bigger than a violin.  And she would have had to get it in the taxi.  I don't think it would fit.  That's probably why she didn't do it.  We did have a swimming pool though.  Maybe that's not the same thing?  Like I say, I don't know much about music.

"If I was a robot I would wave my arms like this..."
When I finally pulled the cow plant seed out of the water I was so excited.  I raced home to tell Alex all about what I had fished out of the lake.  I pretended that it was just another failed day at the pool and then right when she thought I didn't have it I pulled it out and shouted "ta-daa!"

She was so excited, she gave me a big hug and a kiss.

Even though it was really late and well past our bedtimes, she raced away and planted it straightaway, she is really desperate to finish this Gardening Aspiration.  After this she says she just needs to max out her gardening skill and she'll be done.

I am glad I could help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment