Saturday 28 May 2016

Christmas Aspiration Attempt - Blog Post Six

The days are all rolling into one.  I don't seem to need to sleep anymore.  So I have had to take note of the rising of the sun to mark my days.  

I have been painting regularly and it seems that I have not progressed in that skill for many days.  I think I have taken it as far as I can go.  My paintings are selling for massive amounts now, to the mysterious collector.  Perhaps one day, when I can leave this place, I will see my works on gallery walls.  That in itself seems so peculiar.  I have come to think of there being no world but these four walls and my garden.  Remembering the outside world comes on my suddenly, like a forgotten dream.


With the painting producing many many simoleons I have turned my attentions to the garden.  The plants too are becoming more than just friends, creating a lucrative source of income.  Although sometimes I feel I am wasting too much time on them when I could be making more on the paintings.  It is so difficult to know what is the best course of action to take.

I have discovered the art of grafting plants together and through my research and trial and error I have been able to perfect the art of growing bonsai bushes.

My initial reaction has been that I could while away some of the blues with some creative pruning.  But then I discovered that Sims will pay good money for a quality bonsai tree, when potted and ready to go.  So I endeavoured to set up an online business selling bonsai trees. 

My plan worked perfectly until I hit a road block.  Suddenly, once my bushes became of superb quality I could no longer make them into potted bonsais.  They just died straight away.  I had to put my business on hold while I attempt to grow some lesser quality bushes.

This has not been an easy task.  My seed producing plant and those required to graft a new one are all of too high a quality and keep producing superb, albeit useless, bonsai plants.  

I have had to send away for new seeds of the required grafting plants and start from scratch.  But it will take a while.  And I have no idea if I should be dedicating this kind of time to something which could in the end prove to be a fruitless endeavour.


No comments:

Post a Comment