Saturday 23 April 2016

Christmas Aspiration Attempt - Blog Post One

NO - ONE EVER GOES IN.  NO - ONE EVER COMES OUT - LIKE WILLY WONKA'S CHOCOLATE FACTORY

My name is Christmas Holiday and this is my story.  

I guess I should start by letting you know a little bit about myself.  I know a lot of you are well acquainted with the Bustamantes.  You're not?  And you are?  And you?...

Well, for those who need a recap and those who don't know, let me give you the nine one one.  For those of you in the know, please bear with me, I really want everyone to be on the same page before I begin.  I hope that in doing so you will see why I chose to do what I am choosing to do.

FARRAH BUSTAMANTE
The Bustamantes started with their founder Farrah Bustamante, she came from a line of legacy sims but was left to her own devices after not being born to the right uncle, or something.  She made it her mission to go from nothing, literally nothing, to a million simoleons.  An incredible task to undertake and a huge feat should she manage it.  Along the way other sims, rallied behind her cause and chose to join her, my mother included.

When I was born the house was full of people, all fighting to make that million and the place was always a hive of activity.  There was Farrah, her husband Pawl, and Carson.  A guy called Tobias, My mother Summer Holiday, my half sister Easter and me. I never knew my father, I have never met him, I was told by Carson (the current Bustamnate Head of Household) that he was a maid who came occasionally to pick up after us.

Well, as I said the house was always busy and to be honest I kind of slipped through the cracks most of the time.  And then people started...leaving.  Pawl died.  Tobias moved out and so did Easter.  Farrah died.  That left just me, mum and Carson.  In that brief period I actually felt at ease.  At home in the silence.  But then Carson got married and she moved in and I knew before long there would be kids running around.  Suddenly the place would be noisy and bustly again and the home would become a Bustamante residence.  I felt out of place.

Then mum died.

Suddenly it was just me and the Bustamantes.  They were very kind.  Don't get me wrong, it just felt strange.  I knew I had to get out on my own but didn't know where or how.  

The answer came to me on holiday.  The Bustamantes were so kind, I was so low after mum that they thought a trip away from the house might help.  We took a holiday chalet in the woods.  I'll admit I was a grump most of the time and didn't want to join in.

I ATE ALONE
IT WAS SO PEACEFUL
But then, one afternoon whilst I just lay, watching the clouds I realised I was more at peace than I had ever been.  It was so quiet.  In that moment I knew what I had to do.

While I was on holiday I got a phone call.  It seemed that my lawyer had found an inheritance in her will.  It was actually left to her but she had never done anything with it and my sister Easter had no interest in it, so it was being transferred to me.  It was a small patch of land, with a run down old shack on it.
It had belonged to an uncle of mine and was now just sitting there.  Unused.
I actually had a house of my own.

So I moved out.

It has literally one room.  But I decided I would try something similar to Farrah, I would build a beautiful mansion on this spot and I would do it all myself.

I knew I had to isolate myself from the world,focus entirely on the job at hand.  So I fenced myself in, I even forced the mailman to throw the mail over it.  I ensured I had everything I would need, right there in that one room.

I began my journey.

I NEED TO GET MY SKILLS HIGHER




I knew that I had to make money and fast and my current skills, piano and charisma would serve no purpose what-so-ever.  So I bought myself an easel and set to work.  My first few attempts were pretty poor, although I did manage to get a few simoleons for them.  But I knew I needed to work hard to get my skill level up if I wanted to make the mega bucks.

The sims in the neighbourhood came around and stared in the beginning, but I didn't speak to them.  Soon the rumours began flying I guess but I didn't care.  I had my aim and I would fulfil it.

I was going to do this.

I HEAR SHE'S A CONVICT, THIS IS LIKE 'THERAPY IN THE COMMUNITY' OR SOMETHING





















No comments:

Post a Comment